IQCent is an online broker for Binary Options and Contracts for Difference (CFDs), and you can use these instruments go gain exposure to 100+ underlying assets and products, including forex, cryptocurrencies, stocks and commodities. Trading is available 24/7, but exactly which underlying assets that will be available depends on the trading hours of their respective markets.
The minimum deposit is $50 and the minimum trade size is $0.01.
Payouts up to 95%.
Maximum leverage is 1:500.
All trading is done on IQCent´s proprietary browser-based trading platform. You can not use an independent third-party platform such as MT4, MT5 or cTrader. Regrettably, there is no IQCent mobile app for smartphones and tablets.
Just like most other binary option brokers, IQCent is not regulated and licensed by any of the top-tier regulators. If you are only interested in CFDs, there are other brokers to chose from who are regulated and licensed by regulators who impose stronger retail trader protection.
Open a free Demo Account
A great way to get to know more about what IQCent has to offer and see if you like the platform is to sign-up for a free Demo Account. You do not need to make a first deposit to get a free Demo Account from IQCent.
Regrettably, this free Demo Account is not as good as we are used to from other brokers. For instance, you can not use it to practice binary options trading, which is a big minus, especially considering that this is a proprietary trading platform that prospective clients do not have any previous experience with. If it was a big independent third-party platform (MT4, MT5, cTrader or similar), at least quite a few prospective new clients would be familiar with it already. Hopefully, this is something that IQCent will change in the future. Simply being allowed to log into a trading platform and look around a bit is not the same as being allowed to actually use play-money to carry out play-money trades and see how smooth or complicated it is to place orders.
- IQCent was founded in 2017, but has only been offering online trading to retail clients since 2020.
- This broker is operated by Wave Makers Ltd, a company headquartered in the Republic of the Marshall Islands. This small island nation in the Pacific Ocean has become a popular base for binary options brokers in recent years, since it has not banned the sale and distribution of binary options to retail traders. The Republic of the Marshall Islands is not considered a top-tier regulator when it comes to consumer/retail trader protection. It is common for binary options brokers to be based in countries such as the Marshall Islands, since so many of the top-tier regulatory authorities around the world have banned the sale and distribution of binary options to retail traders.
- We do not know if IQCent is keeping client funds segregated from company funds. If they are not, it will lower your chances of getting your money back if the company becomes insolvent.
- Wave Makers LTD – Nr. 103581, Trust Company Complex, Ajeltake Road, Ajeltake Island, Majuro, Marshall Islands MH96960
This broker offers standard high/low binary options.
There are no ladder binary options nor boundary binary options.
Underlying assets and products
- Forex. Chose among 40+ currency pairs.
- Cryptocurrency. A dozen cryptocurrencies are available, e.g. Bitcoin, Ether (Ethereum) and Dogecoin.
- Commodities, including energies (e.g. Brent Crude oil) and metals (e.g. gold and copper).
- Shares in stock companies traded at major exchanges.
- Well-known stock indices such as S&P500 and FTSE100.
The binary options at IQCent are placed in three categories based on their respective lifetime:
- Turbo options. The expiry time for turbo options is normally 3 to 30 minutes, but there are also some turbo options available that will expire in just 1 minute. When you buy turbo options at IQCent, you set the expiry time using 1-minute increments.
- Intraday options. The expiry time for intraday options is up to 24 hours. When you buy intraday options at IQCent, you set the expiry time using 1-hour increments. They are popular among daytraders.
- Long-term options. The expiry time for intraday options is between 24 hours and 30 days. When you buy long-term options at IQCent, you set the expiry time using 1-day increments.
There is a bar on the left-hand side of the trading platform that displays the potential payout.
The maximum payout is 95%.
For binary options based on commodities, the payout is often (but not always) around 75%.
For binary options based on forex, the payout is often (but not always) within the 60%-85% range.
For binary options based on cryptocurrency, it is common to be offered a payout anywhere from 20% to 75% range at IQCent.
How to buy a binary option at IQCent
- Go to the order screen.
- Select the underlying asset. You can use the drop-down bar, the filter or the search feature.
- Choose option type (turbo, intraday or long-term) and the set the lifetime/expiry you want. You can pick fixed or flexible timing.
- Select the stake using the plus and minus icons.
- Add your price prediction for the underlying: up or down.
Contracts for Difference (CFDs)
IQCent offers commission-free Contracts for Difference (CFDs) with floating spreads from 0.7 pips.
Leverage is available up to 1:500. Exactly how much you will be offered for a CFD purchase will depend on a variety of factors, including the underlying asset or product. When cryptocurrency is the underlying, leverage will normally not exceed 1:10.
Margin calls are triggered at 5%.
If you leave a position open overnight, you will be charged a swap fee.
The trading platform
With IQCent as your broker, you will be using their proprietary trading platform.
This platform can not be downloaded and installed on a desktop computer; you will access it directly in the browser window. This means it doesn´t matter if your computer runs on Windows or not.
The platform is straightforward and easy to understand and navigate.
- Customizable charts
- Six timeframes (M2, M10, M30, H1, H4, D1)
- Drawing tools, text, XABCD patterns, and more
- Several built-in indicators, including average range, momentum and relative strength
Special features for binary options
- Double-Up. This allows you to double the trade size before expiry. Hit double-up to duplicate the position with the same price direction, amount and expiry time.
- Rollover. This feature makes it possible to extend your position by 100% the first time. After that first extension, a 30% addition is permitted on the same position. (The contract must be out-of-the-money and in its last quarter of the original expiry period for the rollover feature to be available)
- Sell-Out. If you hit Sell-Out, you close your position before expiry. This feature is available when the position has a profit of at least 0.1%.
Can I use IQCent on my mobile device?
The IQCent proprietary platform is not longer offered as a mobile app, neither for iOS nor Android.
You can open the IQCent platform in the browser window of your smartphone or tablet, but the platform was developed for desktop computers and is not well adapted for use on a small screens and touch-screens.
For real-money trading, IQCent offers three account types:
- Bronze Account. The welcome bonus is 20% on your first deposit.
- Silver Account. Comes with perks such as a Master Class and three risk-free trades. The welcome bonus is 50% on your first deposit.
- Gold Account. All the perks of the Silver Account, but the welcome bonus is 100% on your first deposit and you will also be assigned a personal success manager.
Copy trading, 24/7 live video chat support, and 1-hour withdrawals are available for all three account types
Speciality account types
Ethical Investments Account
Islamic / Muslim / Halal / Sharia Account
Does IQCent support copy trading?
Yes, the IQCent trading platform supports copy trading.
The tools for copy trading were developed with beginners in mind and are very easy to use.
You can view the performance of the top-10 traders on the platform. Examples of available info is profit percentage and location.
You chose which trader(s) you want to copy and how much you want to stake.
Copy trading is available to all real-money traders, regardless of if they have a Bronze, Silver or Gold Account.
Deposits and withdrawals
The smallest permitted first deposit is $50. The broker does not charge deposit fees.
Several different types of transaction methods are permitted, including credit/debit cards, wire transfers and crypto transfers.
Examples of accepted transaction methods:
A $10 inactivity charge applies to accounts that are left unused for 90 days.
Accepted account currencies include USD, EUR, GBP, AUD, and RUB.
Support is available through live chat and email. If you have a registered trading account with IQCent, you also have access to video chat support in addition to the traditional text-based live chat support.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Live chat is available 24/7 through both the web site and the platform. Sometimes the response time is a bit long compared to the major competitors in the field.
Just like most serious brokers, IQCent will carry out Know-Your-Customer checks as a part of the work against money laundering. This means that you can expect to be required to verify your identity before you can start making withdrawals. You might for instance be asked to submit a photo copy of your passport or driving license, and confirm your address with a copy of a utility bill.
You can be eligible for one of three welcome bonuses:
- Small welcome bonus on your first deposit. Deposit up to $250 and opt-in for a 20% welcome bonus.
- Medium welcome bonus on your first deposit. Deposit more than $250 (but not over $1,000) and opt-in for a 50% welcome bonus.
- Large welcome bonus on your first deposit. Deposit more than $1,000 and opt-in for a 100% welcome bonus.
All bonuses come with terms and conditions, including a 3x total turnover requirement that must be fulfilled within three months. Make sure you understand the fine print before you opt-in for any of the welcome bonuses.
When you have a real-money account with IQCent, you will be given a referral code. Use this when you refer friends to the broker and be rewarded with a referral bonus if conditions are met.
- IQCent traders get access to market analysis and trading suggestions from experienced traders.
- You can see positions opened by top traders on the platform.
- The platform has an integrated economic calender.
- Relevant economic news are displayed within the platform.
Questions and answers
Does IQCent have trading competitions, tournaments or similar?
Yes, IQCent arranges trading contests where participants can win bonus money or gadgets.
The trading tournaments at IQCent are typically week-long, running from Sunday 21:00 UTC to the next Sunday 20:30 UTC.
Does IQCent accept cryptocurrency deposits?
Yes. At the time of writing, they are accepting Bitcoin and Ethereum.
You can not use Bitcoin or Ether as your account currency, so there will be a conversion.
Will retail traders get Negative Balance Protection with this broker?
No. If you decide to use leverage, it is very important to keep in mind that this broker will not give your negative balance protection.
Is this a Market Maker?
No, IQCent is not a market maker.
Does IQCent offer P2P Trading?
Does IQCent offer Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting?